Meagher + Geer lawyers defend clients in product liability litigation, including complex mass tort/toxic tort cases. We serve as local, regional and national coordinating counsel.
Our lawyers have defended many pharmaceuticals and medical devices, including:
- Pharmaceutical toxicity
- Pain Pumps
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Phenylpropanolamine (cases involving severe strokes)
- Metoclopramide (cases involving tardive dyskinesia)
- Antibiotics (cases involving tendon ruptures)
- Durable medical goods
- Vehicles (motor vehicles, cars, trucks)
- Small machinery and household products
- Commercial packaging products
- Windows, shingles and commercial water-line components
- Agricultural equipment including augers, corn pickers, hay balers, silos and milking equipment
- Industrial equipment including ammonia systems, chemical conveying systems, electrical systems and custom-built equipment
- Dock and warehouse equipment including forklifts, manlifts and reach trucks
- Construction equipment including bulldozers, excavators, cranes, skid steer loaders and wheeled vehicles
- Consumer products and vehicles including ATVs, snowmobiles, watercraft and motorcycles
- Ammonia explosion with claims exceeding $100 million for property damage and business interruption
- LP gas explosions in Minnesota, Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin involving severe burns, death and property destruction
- Agricultural facilities suits involving property damage and business interruption
- Manufacturing and processing plant explosions and fires with claims of several million dollars for property damage and business interruption
- A wide variety of residential fires involving death, burns, and property damage
- Utility related wild fires
- Business interruption and lost profits claim involving custom food conveying/packaging system
- Multi-million dollar claim involving pneumatic chemical conveying system
- Dispute involving packaging used in commercial food operation with business interruption and lost profits claim
Heather Neubauer is the chair of our Products Liability practice group. Please contact her for further information.
Meagher + Geer Partner Heather Neubauer re-elected to Management Committee More...
Meagher + Geer congratulates Kurt Zitzer named to the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers® listMore...
2022 FETTI Annual ConferenceMore...
“Our company benefited from the combination of skills that Meagher & Geer’s lawyers offered. Their experience in engineering, science and law and their access to regulatory experts was critical to us.”
Sustainability Director Orica Mining Services, Watkins, Colorado
“We have worked with Russ Melton and the Meagher & Geer Team on large losses across the country. We find their degrees in risk management, engineering, and law to be unique. Equipped with their scientific backgrounds they provide rapid, accurate, and cost effective problem resolution.”
Managing Director Wortham Insurance, Houston, Texas
“Our company has had great success working with the Meagher & Geer Products Group on a variety of matters. Their lawyers bring the experience and expertise necessary to litigate complex products cases.”
Vice President and Assistant General Counsel The Schwan Food Company, Marshall, Minnesota