Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
Meagher & Geer, a leading litigation defense and insurance coverage law firm, is recruiting for a Litigation Paralegal in our Bismarck, North Dakota office.
Responsibilities include working both independently and collaboratively assisting with discovery and investigation, and routine tasks such as reviewing documents, preparing charts and indexes, and document management, and working with the latest legal technology software. Medical training or background a plus.
- Analyze database content and prepare searches for the legal teams.
- Review, code and redact documents for production.
- Draft legal correspondence, documents, pleadings, and discovery.
- Utilize litigation technology systems to manage information.
- Maintain and manage spreadsheets and timelines while managing new developments and deadlines in multiple cases.
- Communicate with attorneys, clients, and support staff.
- Provide work delegation to case assistants as needed.
- Manage and prioritize projects to meet various deadlines.
- Assist in trial preparation of expert material, depositions, exhibits and documents.
- Ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, including handling multiple priorities working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Paralegal certificate required from an ABA-accredited program. Medical training or background a plus.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Technical skills using litigation technology systems using Relativity, TrialDirector and the CaseMap suite.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
Hours: Full time Monday through Friday. Hourly pay, full benefits and retirement plan. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to