Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
- -Associate Attorney
- -Lateral Partners
- -Legal Administrative Assistant
- -Litigation Technology Services Paralegal
- -Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer P.L.L.P. has an immediate opening in its Minneapolis office for an Associate Attorney. Candidates should have 1 to 4 years of experience. Litigation experience or judicial clerkship preferred. Excellent client service, writing, persuasive speaking and analytical skills are mandatory
Since 1929, Meagher + Geer has been building the depth and experience that today serve our clients. With 80 attorneys from offices in Minneapolis, Chicago, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Bismarck, we’ve become one of the leading civil litigation and insurance coverage firms in the country.
For immediate consideration, send resume, cover letter and writing sample to: [email protected].
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas and we are looking to expand our existing office in the Twin Cities. As part of our continued plan for our next century of growth, we are interested in hearing from lateral partners with an established practice to join us in our Minneapolis office.
We offer an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing dedicated marketing support. The firm has flexibility on rates, and offers the ground support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys with deep insurance industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the Minneapolis legal market with a regional and national scope of practice, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact Heather Neubauer or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Meagher + Geer P.L.L.P. is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant with litigation experience to add to our staff in downtown Minneapolis in the City Center. This position will support several attorneys in different practice groups. We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, is flexible, anticipates needs and demonstrates initiative. Litigation experience is required.
Tasks include document production and management including preparing and editing legal correspondence and documents; calendaring; organizing and maintaining deposition materials and summaries; preparing trial and mediation materials.
- Ensures all legal correspondence, documentation, and scheduling is completed in a timely manner and formatted appropriately, such as discovery requests and responses, depositions, motions, subpoenas, pleadings, summary judgements, and complaints.
- Completes electronic court filings (ECF) in State and Federal courts.
- Maintains concise calendaring for each matter and related due dates; ensures proper maintenance of any case calendar.
- Maintains attorney calendars, contact information.
- Manages and prioritize projects to meet various deadlines.
- Sorts, scans and routes incoming mail; obtains signatures as required, and maintains follow-ups.
- Other tasks as assigned, such as maintaining attorney CLEs.
- Supports and backs-up other LAAs.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- 5+ years employed as a legal secretary or legal administrative assistant (LAA).
- Knowledge of litigation laws and process required.
- High school graduate; legal secretarial certificate or college preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of electronic federal and state court filings, rules, processes and procedures.
- Highly proficient skills using Word, Outlook, some Excel (Microsoft Office 2016).
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills.
- Experienced using iManage.
- Appellate, Product Liability, and/or Employment practice group experience.
- Experienced creating Table of Authorities and Tables of Contents; knowledge of appellate format requirements.
Hours: Full time position Monday through Friday; core hours are between 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Medical, dental and vision plans; FSA & HSA; retirement plan, reduced fare bus/train pass. Business casual attire. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Litigation Technology Services Paralegal
At Meagher + Geer P.L.L.P. we are currently recruiting for an entry level Litigation Technology Services Paralegal in our home office in Minneapolis, MN. Under the supervision of the Practice Support Technology Manager, the Candidate is responsible for creating, maintaining and troubleshooting litigation support databases, trial presentation software and hardware. Assist with document review, production, and trial support to the legal teams. Candidate should not be averse to jumping in to help where needed when the situation demands it. This position offers plenty of challenge and opportunity for personal career growth.
- Operate litigation technology systems with an emphasis on Relativity, Summation, Trial Director and the CaseMap suite
- Set up courtroom and war room technologies.
- Out-of-state travel for trial support services over extended periods of time is required 3-5 times a year.
- Transport trial equipment in your vehicle to court.
- Correspond with Attorney and court staff regarding pre-trial preparation.
- During trial track what exhibits have been offered, admitted, and rejected.
- Support Legal team efforts by ensuring quality assurance steps in the processing and production phases and, assisting and guiding firm case teams when they encounter technical obstacles.
- Provide user support and database training for Practice Support department applications.
- Analyze database content in Relativity, Summation iBlaze, and TextMap prepare searches for the legal teams.
- Complete accurate and timely detailed billable-times entries.
- Prepare privilege and production logs.
- Conduct document reviews for responsive and privileged records.
- Analyze and stage large volumes of electronic data for purposes of loading into a litigation support document review tool.
- Prepare detailed project tickets with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide coverage to other members of the department when they are out of the office.
- Ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, and handling multiple priorities working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Paralegal certificate is required.
- The ability to lift 65 pounds or more (printer, computer, etc.).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Outlook)
- Strong technical skills with operating systems and demonstrated experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours and travel on short notice when/if needed
- Out-of-state travel for trial support services over extended periods of time is required 3-5 times per year.
Additional Technology Skills That Are a Plus:
- Multimedia design, digital, print and video
- Application knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro
- Application knowledge of Relativity, Summation and CaseMap Suite
- Expert Time
Hours: Full time Monday through Friday. Medical, dental and vision plans; retirement plan, reduced fare bus/train pass. Business casual attire. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].
Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas. As part of our planned growth, we are expanding our Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability practice group. We are interested in hearing from lateral attorneys and partners with an established practice, existing book of business, and client base in asbestos defense litigation to join us in our Chicago office.
Our firm, 91 years young, offers an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing: dedicated marketing support, flexibility on rates, support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys, and deep industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the field of asbestos defense, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact, Heather Neubauer, Robert Scott, or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to