Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
- -Associate Attorney
- -Case Assistant
- -Lateral Partners
- -Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer, PLLP, an established law firm in downtown Minneapolis, has an excellent opportunity and immediate opening for an Associate Attorney working with a fast-paced practitioner in a variety of anti-fraud and product liability cases. Construction and fire experience a bonus, but not required.
Candidates should be admitted to the Minnesota bar, possess excellent client service, exceptional writing and analytical skills, and persuasive speaking skills. Demonstrated street-smarts highly desirable. Litigation experience preferred.
For consideration, please email a letter of application, resume, law school transcript, and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas. As part of our planned growth, we are expanding our Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability practice group. We are interested in hearing from lateral attorneys and partners with an established practice, existing book of business, and client base in asbestos defense litigation to join us in our Chicago office.
Our firm, 91 years young, offers an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing: dedicated marketing support, flexibility on rates, support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys, and deep industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the field of asbestos defense, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact, Heather Neubauer, Robert Scott, or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
Meagher + Geer, PLLP has an immediate opportunity for a Case Assistant to work in our offices in downtown Minneapolis. The successful candidate will be one who possesses excellent organizational and proofreading skills, enjoys variety and demonstrates initiative. The case assistant will work with multiple people in all aspects of the case management process. The ability to manage a large volume of paperwork and meet deadlines is essential.
- Downloading, profiling, and electronically distributing documents received through TylerHost (the State Court filing system)
- Drafting discovery shells for attorneys, including proofreading of same
- Processing payment of vendor invoices
- Requesting medical records for arbitration files and/or litigation files: prepare and send requests, submit invoices for payment, follow-up on requests by phone and/or email, receive and organize incoming records, update medical records chart, notify attorneys on status, etc.
- Organizing records to be sent to IME doctors
- Prepare working deposition books and trial boxes for attorneys
- Processing of deposition transcripts
- Organizing new file materials electronically
- Creating red rope files
- Closing of files: preparing forms on electronic system AND pulling, boxing and sending paper records off-site
- High school diploma required; two+ year degree a plus
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, some Excel, Outlook calendaring) is required
- Excellent proofreading, organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with high accuracy
- Team-oriented yet able to work independently and proficiently with minimal supervision
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and reliability; strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Full time job Monday through Friday. Medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan, reduced fare bus/train pass. Business casual attire. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. This job is available immediately. For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and a resume to: email@example.com.
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas and we are looking to expand our existing office in the Twin Cities. As part of our continued plan for our next century of growth, we are interested in hearing from lateral partners with an established practice to join us in our Minneapolis office.
We offer an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing dedicated marketing support. The firm has flexibility on rates, and offers the ground support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys with deep insurance industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the Minneapolis legal market with a regional and national scope of practice, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact Heather Neubauer or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to