Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
Meagher & Geer, established in Minneapolis in 1929, has an immediate opening in our Bismarck, North Dakota office for an Associate Attorney. Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P. has earned a reputation as one of the country’s leading litigation defense and insurance coverage firms.
Candidates should have 1 to 4 years of experience, but entry level attorneys will also be considered. Litigation experience or judicial clerkship preferred. Excellent client service, writing, persuasive speaking and analytical skills are mandatory.
For immediate consideration, submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minneapolis--Legal Administrative Assistant
Meagher & Geer, a leading litigation defense and insurance coverage law firm, is recruiting for Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) in our office in Minneapolis. Responsibilities include working both independently and collaboratively assisting attorneys with routine tasks such as preparing and proofreading dictated documents, scheduling, ECF filing, and document management. Litigation experience, knowledge of legal timelines and litigation procedures are required.
- Draft legal correspondence, documents, pleadings, and discovery.
- Review, code and redact documents for production.
- Maintain scheduling and manage spreadsheets and timelines while managing new developments and deadlines in multiple cases.
- Communicate effectively with attorneys, clients, and support staff.
- Manage and prioritize projects to meet various deadlines.
- Assist in trial preparation of expert material, depositions, exhibits and documents.
- Ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, including handling multiple priorities working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Requirements and Skills:
- 2 to 4 years of litigation legal administration experience.
- High school diploma; some college, college degree or related professional legal secretarial degree preferred.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Highly organized with excellent secretarial and proofreading, spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage competing deadlines, determine and set priorities.
- Knowledge of litigation legal procedures, timelines, and legal terminology.
- Experience with court filing processes in state and federal court (ECF / E-file & Serve).
- Ability to work with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Flexibility to work overtime when and/or if needed.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to