Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P. has an immediate opening for an Associate Attorney with two to four years of litigation experience to work in its Minneapolis office.
Candidates must be admitted to the Minnesota bar, possess excellent academic credentials with exceptional writing, persuasive speaking, and analytical skills, and have a drive for excellence.
Please email a letter of application outlining your litigation experience, resume, law school transcript, and writing sample to email@example.com.
Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P. has an immediate opening in our Bismarck, North Dakota office for an Associate Attorney.
Candidates should have one to four years of experience, but entry level attorneys will also be considered. Litigation experience or judicial clerkship preferred. Excellent client service, writing, persuasive speaking and analytical skills are mandatory.
For immediate consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meagher & Geer, a leading litigation defense and insurance coverage law firm, is recruiting for a Litigation Paralegal in our Bismarck, North Dakota office.
Responsibilities include working both independently and collaboratively assisting with discovery and investigation, and routine tasks such as reviewing documents, preparing charts and indexes, and document management, and working with the latest legal technology software. Medical training or background a plus.
- Analyze database content and prepare searches for the legal teams.
- Review, code and redact documents for production.
- Draft legal correspondence, documents, pleadings, and discovery.
- Utilize litigation technology systems to manage information.
- Maintain and manage spreadsheets and timelines while managing new developments and deadlines in multiple cases.
- Communicate with attorneys, clients, and support staff.
- Provide work delegation to case assistants as needed.
- Manage and prioritize projects to meet various deadlines.
- Assist in trial preparation of expert material, depositions, exhibits and documents.
- Ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, including handling multiple priorities working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Paralegal certificate required from an ABA-accredited program. Medical training or background a plus.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Technical skills using litigation technology systems using Relativity, TrialDirector and the CaseMap suite.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
Hours: Full-time Monday through Friday. Hourly pay, full benefits and retirement plan. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration send cover letter with resume to email@example.com.
Minneapolis--Information Technology Specialist
Meagher and Geer P.L.L.P., a leading litigation and insurance defense firm based in downtown Minneapolis, has an immediate opening for an Information Technology Specialist.
The Information Technology Specialist will perform a range of duties focused on delivering technology to Attorneys, Paralegals and Legal Administrative staff. Responsibilities include providing support for the Firm’s catalog of applications as well as support for phone, computer hardware, printers, mobile devices, video conferencing, desktop, laptop application interfaces, and Litigation Technologies. The ideal candidate will provide support via phone, email, remote desktop control, and desk-side support for approximately 180 users across four office locations. Work hours include regularly scheduled business hours and after-hours coverage. Uncompromising customer service is a must!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accept initial IT support requests, take ownership of those requests, prioritize, diagnose and drive resolution to the satisfaction of the requesting party.
- Resolve the majority of support requests upon first contact with user. Particularly requests that involve an applications usage issue.
- Participates in the evaluation, development, and implementation of security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
- Ability to diagnose SPAM and Phishing attempts that were able to penetrate multiple layers of email security.
- Regularly participate in after-hours on-call support, contacting requesting users and resolving or escalating issues.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standard desktop, laptop, and virtual desktop images. Recommend and develop updates and changes to the image with an emphasis on enhancing the end-user experience.
- Participate in new hardware and software rollouts.
- Assist in providing M&G staff with Power Point presentations, Trial Exhibit preparation, newsletter items, and other useful resources to help the utilize the firm’s technology tools more effectively.
- Maintain IT hardware, perform small hardware repairs, deal with vendor repair services and help maintain an inventory of spare parts.
- Provide backup coverage of other IT positions in the absence of staff, e.g coverage of routine System Administrator tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred plus a minimum of two years or more of IT experience providing user support service in a complex environment.
- Previous law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess superior customer service skills.
- Proven experience in using and supporting desktop applications.
- Proven technical skills for diagnosing and troubleshooting application, operating system, and hardware problems.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with all members of the firm.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, in spoken and written form, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time and priority management skills and ability to perform the primary functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift weights of up to 40 lbs. for handling computer equipment installations. Good vision and hearing, for performing computer related diagnostic work and for providing telephone support. Ability to sit for long period of time for doing diagnostic work on computers. Good keyboard skills, for computer operations. Ability to function in a professional office and IT server room environment, in a moderate noise environment and also in a cooled equipment area (server room).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including irregular evening and weekend hours, and to provide extended hours when required for specific project activities and during urgent problem situations.
- Significant experience in all or some of the following applications: Windows 10, Office 365, Azure AD, Apple iOS, iManage Work, VMWare Horizon, Mimecast, and Sophos Central.
- Basic Knowledge of all or some the following applications: UniFlow, Nuance Power PDF, BigHand, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Aderant, and Westlaw/WestCheck.
Hours: This role will provide standard coverage from 9:30 am – 6:00 pm. Business casual dress code. Hourly pay, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a retirement plan. Reduced rate Metro Transit pass offered. On-site gym in building. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration please send a cover letter with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meagher and Geer P.L.L.P., a leading litigation and insurance defense firm in downtown Minneapolis, has an immediate opening for a Case Assistant. The successful candidate will be organized, have attention to detail, and be able to meet deadlines. This is a great opportunity to learn about a law office.
- Organizing, filing, and maintaining complex litigation files and documents both electronic and paper.
- Scanning and profiling documents into electronic case management system.
- Open and close files, maintain pleadings indexes, create labels and files.
- Perform projects and tasks as directed, e.g. download CDs to electronic files, and assemble arbitration and/or trial notebooks, review medical records.
- High school diploma required. Experience in a law office a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), knowledge of office equipment. Experience with iManage (FileSite) desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and reliability.
- Ability to take direction from multiple individuals and work independently.
Hours: Full time Monday through Friday. Business casual dress code. Hourly pay, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a retirement plan. Reduced rate Metro Transit pass offered. On-site gym in building. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration please send a cover letter with a resume to email@example.com.
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to