Our expanding, broad-based practice recruits and retains lawyers who demonstrate outstanding academic credentials and superior written and oral advocacy skills. Law review or appellate clerkship experience preferred. Whether you’re a seasoned attorney, recent law school graduate or paralegal, or have other legal administrative skills that will make our firm even stronger, we invite you to apply.
- -Litigation Paralegal
- -Lateral Partners
- -Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer, P.L.L.P. has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal in our Phoenix office. The full-time, in-office position supports multiple attorneys primarily in the areas of insurance defense, professional liability, and commercial litigation. Experience with document review and discovery required. Thoroughness and attention to detail are needed, along with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Draft legal correspondence, documents, pleadings, and discovery.
- Create and manage spreadsheets and timelines in relevant software systems.
- Communicate with attorneys, clients, and various support staff.
- Attend meetings with clients, experts, witnesses, opposing or co-counsel, and third parties.
- Manage and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Perform special projects and tasks as requested by multiple attorneys.
- Paralegal Certification or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-accredited program or institution.
- Ability to meet minimum billable hour requirements.
- Experience using timekeeping and time and billing software such as Aderant.
- Relativity or Summation software knowledge and/or experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities at any moment.
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple attorneys across multiple practice groups.
Hours: Full-time Monday through Friday, in-office. Medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans. Business casual attire. Background and reference checks conducted on final candidates. For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to Carrie Valenzuela.
Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability Lateral Attorneys and Partners
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas. As part of our planned growth, we are expanding our Asbestos/Mass Tort/Toxic Tort/ Products Liability practice group. We are interested in hearing from lateral attorneys and partners with an established practice, existing book of business, and client base in asbestos defense litigation to join us in our Chicago office.
Our firm, 91 years young, offers an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing: dedicated marketing support, flexibility on rates, support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys, and deep industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the field of asbestos defense, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact, Heather Neubauer, Robert Scott, or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
Meagher + Geer is a successful national firm with multiple offices incorporating a diverse range of practice areas and we are looking to expand our existing office in the Twin Cities. As part of our continued plan for our next century of growth, we are interested in hearing from lateral partners with an established practice to join us in our Minneapolis office.
We offer an excellent platform for lateral attorneys, providing dedicated marketing support. The firm has flexibility on rates, and offers the ground support of a strong bench of experienced attorneys with deep insurance industry contacts.
If you are interested in the opportunity to grow your practice and become part of an established leader in the Minneapolis legal market with a regional and national scope of practice, we invite you to contact us in confidence to discuss your interest in joining our firm. Please contact Heather Neubauer or Kurt Zitzer for further information.
For employment consideration, please send cover letter and resume to