I’ve always enjoyed the challenge of working with numbers, and this is an area of the law where I can do that.
Timothy W. RidleyOf Counsel
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Heather Kurtz
- Minnesota, Arizona
State Bar Admissions
- Arizona, 2016
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1985
For more than 30 years, Tim has focused his practice on wealth management and probate, including the preparation of wills, trusts and estate plans for individuals – as well as related litigation.
On behalf of his clients, Tim’s services include:
- Life Insurance Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax Returns
- Antenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements
- Elder Law and Asset Protection Planning
- Charitable Planned Giving
- Business Succession Planning
Tim has been named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list and has been listed as a Top 40 Estate Planning and Probate Law Attorney by Minnesota Super Lawyers magazine.
After consulting with clients to determine their personal and financial goals and objectives, Tim helps them structure the estate plan that best meets their needs. To accomplish this, he looks for the most efficient methods for transferring the client’s assets – with a goal of tax minimization and simplicity.
Tim offers a special depth of experience in cases involving breach of fiduciary duty in the management of probate, estates and trusts. On the plaintiff side, he represents estate and trust beneficiaries. On the defendant side, he represents personal representatives, trustees, conservators and guardians. He also serves as expert witness both for and against fiduciaries.
Based on his many years’ experience with probate and litigation, Tim also provides consultancy and serves as expert witness.
Tim also represents small and mid-sized business owners in their business transactions and disputes.
Outside the office, Tim is a board member of several charitable organizations. He is an avid Yankees fan who also enjoys golf and reading – especially recent history dealing with events in and related to the Middle East.
- William Mitchell College of Law, 1981
- University of St. Thomas, 1977
- Involved in numerous probate litigation actions in recent years representing personal representatives, trustees, guardians and estate or trust beneficiaries.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Probate and Trust Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Instructor, Probate and Estate Planning, Minnesota Paralegal Institute (15-year tenure)
- Officer and Board Member, Fun 4 Good Foundation, a charitable organization that takes activities of pleasure and converts them into opportunities for giving
- Board Member, Southside Community Health Services
- Board Member, Friends of the Poor
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list in the area of Estate & Probate, Thomson Reuters, (only five percent of the lawyers in the state were selected), 2003-2022
- Recognized in the list of Top 40 Super Lawyers, Estate Planning and Probate Law Attorneys
- Awarded the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, AV® Preeminent ™ (AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies)
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 23 attorneys named to the 2022 Minnesota Super Lawyers® listMore...
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 20 attorneys named to the 2021 Minnesota Super Lawyers® listMore...
Tim Ridley on the radio, Sunday, May 1, talking about Prince’s estateMore...