Ryan L. PaukertAssociate
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Sue Kirtz
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 2020
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2021
Ryan is an associate in the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Construction, and Products Liability practice groups.
Prior to joining Meagher + Geer, Ryan practiced law in the area of medical malpractice defense at a law firm in St. Cloud. He also served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Marta M. Chou of the Fourth Judicial District. Ryan is also actively involved with the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, having written articles for its quarterly publication and serving as an Associate Editor on its Editorial Committee.
Ryan earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. During law school, Ryan was a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Heidi S. Schellhas at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Additionally, he served as an Associate Editor and Articles Editor of the St. Thomas Law Journal, a Writing Fellow for the first-year legal writing course, and he represented clients through St. Thomas’ Bankruptcy Litigation Clinic and Nonprofit Clinic. Ryan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Legal Studies with a certificate in Religious Studies from the University of Wisconsin.
Outside the office, Ryan spends his time hiking, camping, paddle boarding, playing board games, cheering on the Minnesota Vikings, and anxiously watching to see who gets voted out on the latest episode of Survivor.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2020
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.S., 2012
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Marta M. Chou, Fourth Judicial District Court of Minnesota, April 2020 – March 2021
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Heidi S. Schellhas, Minnesota Court of Appeals, May 2018 – July 2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Editorial Committee, Associate Editor
- Wills For Heroes
- Author, "Under (Peer) Pressure: A Breakdown of Minnesota’s Peer Review Statute, 42 Defense (Winter 2023)
- Author, Warren v. Dinter: Physician-Patient Relationship is Unnecessary to Establish Duty in Malpractice Claims against Medical Providers, 41 Defense (Winter 2021)
- Author, HIPPA, Katz, and the Privacy Gap , 24 J. Health Care L. & Pol’y 203 (2021)
- Co-presenter, The COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: What Employers (and their Attorneys) Should Know, MDLA Mid-Winter Conference (April 8, 2022)