Leatha G. WolterPartner
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
16767 N. Perimeter Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Assistant: Deidre Franzen
- Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 1986
- Wisconsin, 2002
- Arizona, 2013
- North Dakota, 2021
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1986
Leatha chairs Meagher + Geer’s Anti-Fraud Counseling & Litigation practice group and she has handled thousands of cases throughout her career. As one of the firm’s leaders, she also serves as a member of its Management Committee.
Leatha litigates fraud and civil RICO matters throughout Minnesota and the country. She also has experience handling significant property loss, defamation, and other complex commercial litigation. Leatha is regularly named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list in the area of anti-fraud counseling and business litigation. She is listed in The Best Lawyers® in America in the area of insurance law. Leatha is also a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America – an invitation-only honor society that limits its membership to the top 0.5 percent of trial lawyers. Fellows are selected on the basis of effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation and superior ethical reputation. She was named an Attorney of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer in 2015.
Frequently, Leatha is asked to resolve questions involving arson, property losses, healthcare provider fraud, staged automobile accidents, and contract rescission based on misrepresentation. She is a frequent lecturer, trial advocacy instructor and in-house trainer to clients, trade groups and other businesses regarding all aspects of litigation. She speaks on varied topics including fraud prevention, deposition tactics, and all aspects of litigation.
Outside the office, Leatha enjoys spending time with her family, dogs and horse.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1986
- Macalester College, B.A., 1983
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Minnesota Chapter
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Adjunct Faculty, William Mitchell College of Law
- Awarded the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, AV® Preeminent ™ (AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (A trial lawyer honorary society, with membership limited to one-half of one percent of American lawyers, and by invitation only)
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Insurance Law, 2021-2023
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list in the area of Business Litigation, Thomson Reuters, (only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected), 2007-2022
- Named an Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2015
- Selected as a "2014 Top-Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law” by The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel magazine and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Recognized in the list of Top 100 Women Super Lawyers, 2008-2009
- Featured in New York Times (Business section) article, "Out of the Church Kitchen and Into the Courts" (by A. Martin, June 8, 2008), regarding food-borne-illness wrongful death litigation
- Blurred Lines: Adjusting & Appraising Large Loss, presentation at Property & Liability Resource Bureau (PLRB) 2014 Large Loss Conference (October 29-31, 2014)
- Medical Provider Fraud, presentation to State Farm (October 10, 2013)
- Contributor, "The Case of the Violently Sick Lutherans" Lawsuits of the Year section in Minnesota Law & Politics (December/January 2009)
- Medical Provider Fraud, presentation to Insurance Federation of Minnesota (November 17, 2008)
Meagher + Geer congratulates its attorneys recognized in The Annual List of Top Women Attorneys 2023 published by Minnesota Super Lawyers®More...
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 25 attorneys named to the Best Lawyers® 2023 editionMore...
29 - 31,2014Blurred Lines: Adjusting & Appraising Large LossMore...