Lenae M. PedersonPartner
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Carolyn Unger
- Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 2001
- Wisconsin, 2012
- North Dakota, 2015
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2001
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2015
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2016
Lenae focuses her practice on complex civil litigation—with an emphasis on disputes related to design professionals and products liability.
In her professional liability practice, Lenae defends architects and engineers in private and public construction projects of all types, including claims associated with highway design, building design, roof design, parking ramp design, heating and refrigeration system design, oven equipment design, and several other commercial designs. Lenae has won successful jury verdicts in litigation defending engineers when millions of dollars were at stake.
In her products liability practice, Lenae defends manufacturers and distributors faced with claims involving construction equipment, recreational vehicles and small machinery. Additionally, Lenae has defended a major auto manufacturer in several Lemon Law cases, including jury trials.
Lenae also defends international companies in food litigation as part of the firm’s Safety, Toxic Tort & Environmental practice group.
Lenae helps clients from initial case assessment, through the discovery phase and complex motion practice, to a successful outcome of the case. In all of these efforts, she counsels her clients on better business practices that will help them avoid litigation in the future.
My clients know that when they need my services, I will master the complex technical issues that are unique to their particular industry so that I can provide them with the best defense possible.
Lenae speaks regularly on a wide range of litigation topics at seminars hosted by local and national organizations. She also serves as an adjunct professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Outside the office, Lenae volunteers with legal-mentoring programs. She likes to travel to sunny vacation spots with her daughter.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Florida International University, B.S., 1995
- Ammonia explosion with claims exceeding $100 million for property damage and business interruption
- Multi-million dollar claim involving pneumatic chemical conveying system
- Dispute involving packaging used in commercial food operation with business interruption and lost profits claim
- Manufacturer of peanut butter in what was then the largest food recall case in U.S. history
- International producer of meat products in a Salmonella matter
- Wrongful death
- Loss of limb, hearing and sight
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Brain injuries
- International manufacturer of vehicles in Lemon Law claims
- Agricultural equipment including augers, corn pickers, hay balers, and silos
- Industrial equipment including ammonia systems, chemical conveying systems, and custom-built equipment
- Dock and warehouse equipment including forklifts, manlifts and reach trucks
- Construction equipment including bulldozers, excavators, cranes, skid steer loaders and wheeled vehicles
- Defense of civil engineers in quadriplegia cases arising out of highway design
- Defense of catastrophic personal injury claims arising out of construction projects
- Delay claims involving commercial projects ranging from condominiums to auxiliary-use developments
- Structural failure cases involving commercial buildings and soil retention systems
- Federal Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chair of Public Service, Trial Tactics Committee, 2015
- Chair of Membership, Trial Tactics Committee, 2012
- Chair of Sponsorship, Trial Tactics Seminar, 2012
- Steering Committee Member, Trial Tactics Seminar, 2012
- Steering Committee Member, Product Liability Seminar, 2012
- Lawyer Networking Vice-chair, Product Liability Committee, 2011-2012
- The Harmonie Group
- Board of Directors, 2023-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2018-present
- Recognized as a Rising Star, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Co-presenter, Women in Hard Hats, The Harmonie Group Women of Harmonie webinar series (June 2022)
- CE Instructor and author of materials, Preventing and Defending Professional Liability Claims, HalfMoon Education webinar Legal, Regulatory, and Ethical Issues for Minnesota Engineers (May 2022)
- Co-presenter, Tips and Tricks as to Presentation of Complicated Information, The Harmonie Group Women of Harmonie webinar series (March 2021)
- Lecturer, Technology in Jury Selection, The Harmonie Group Transportation & Construction Seminar 2019 (July 2019)
- Co-presenter, Design Professionals Do's and Don'ts When Claims Occur, Webinar, Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmerman (May 2019)
- Lecturer, Generation Y Jurors, The Harmonie Group Construction & Cutting Edge Litigation Topics (August 2016)
- Co-presenter, Complex Communication: Multi-Party Litigation and Mediation, DRI Trial Tactics Seminar (March 2016)
- Lecturer, Generation Y Jurors, Harmonie Next Generation Conference (November 2015)
- Author of supplemental course materials, Generation Y Jurors, Attorney-Conducted Voir Dire for the Defense Lawyer DRI CLE Seminar (January 2015)
- Lecturer, Trying Your Case to the Generation Y Juror, Wisconsin Defense Counsel Annual Conference (August 2013)
- Lecturer, Generation Y as Jurors, South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association (SDDLA) Annual Seminar (November 2012)
- Lecturer, Generation Y as Jurors, DRI 2012 Annual Meeting (October 2012)
- Author, "Generation Y as Jurors" The Voice, Vol. 11 Issue 39 (October 2012)
- CLE Instructor and author of materials, You're More Important than You Think: Serving as a Second Trial Chair, DRI webcast (October 2012)
- Lecturer, Professional Liability, ASME Minnesota Professional & Product Liability Symposium (March 2012)
- Lecturer, Generation Y as Jurors, Minnesota Claims Managers' Association (MCMA) (February 2012)
- Co-author, "Can They Really Take It Apart Without Me?", For the Defense, a DRI publication (November 2011)
- Lecturer, Managing Complex Litigation, University of Minnesota Law School (December 2010)
- CLE Instructor and author of materials, Key Evidence Strategies in Personal Injury Litigation, National Business Institute (November 2010)
- CLE instructor and author of materials, Evidence and Expert Testimony Best Practices: Supporting Your Case, National Business Institute (June 2010)
- CLE instructor and author of materials, Personal Injury Trials: Getting the Most out of your Evidence, National Business Institute (March 2009)
- CLE instructor and author of materials, Practicing Architecture in Minnesota, Current State of Professional Liability Law, Half Moon Seminars (August 2008)
- CLE instructor and author of materials, Evidence and Expert Testimony, Best Practices: Supporting your Case, National Business Institute (March 2008)
Meagher + Geer Partner Lenae Pederson elected to The Harmonie Group Board of DirectorsMore...
Meagher + Geer Partner Lenae Pederson co-presents "Women in Hard Hats"More...
Legal, Regulatory, and Ethical Issues for Minnesota Engineers | HalfMoon EducationMore...