Karl J. YeagerSenior Counsel
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
16767 N. Perimeter Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Assistant: Sue Kirtz
- Arizona, Minnesota, Wisconsin
State Bar Admissions
- Arizona, 2002
- Minnesota, 1986
- Wisconsin, 2003
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1986
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1987
Karl focuses his practice on advising small to medium-sized businesses on a variety of contract matters and commercial disputes. His background in construction makes him particularly well suited for real estate transactions and commercial litigation for clients in the real estate, construction and banking industries.
Karl’s perspective on client relations: I feel a real rapport with those in construction and real estate businesses. My family owned and operated a small construction company, and before I went to law school, I sold real estate in Wisconsin so I have practical, hands-on experience that I feel is invaluable to my clients.
In his transactional practice, Karl represents businesses and commercial and residential buyers and sellers, developers and landlords, tenants, exchangers and condemnees. Karl’s transactional experience is complemented by a certification (granted by the Minnesota State Bar Association) as a real property law specialist.
In his litigation practice, he represents businesses and individuals in partnership/shareholder disputes, contract matters, loans and loan work-outs, boundary disputes, condemnations, tax appeals, mechanic’s liens and surety claims. He enjoys public speaking and regularly presents a seminar — Understanding the Minnesota Mechanic’s Lien Process — before audiences of construction industry professionals. Karl has been regularly named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list.
Outside the office, Karl enjoys golf and spending time with his wife and family, especially on hiking, skiing and biking trails (and particularly those along Minnesota’s beautiful North Shore).
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, B.S., magna cum laude, 1980
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Real Property Law Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association, 2000
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers of America® in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters, (only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected), 2007-2017
- Awarded the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, AV® Preeminent ™ (AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies)
- Co-presenter, Understanding the Mechanic's Lien Process, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) Construction Law Seminar 2019, February 2019
- Seminars presented by Meagher & Geer for construction industry professionals, Understanding the Minnesota Mechanic's Lien Process (2008, 2009, 2013-2019)
- Author, Don’t Be CLUE-less!, published on the CRES Insurance Services website (September 2015)
- Technical Lien Law Details and Application, presented at the Lien Law & Collection seminar (2014)
- Commercial Leasing, presented at Minnesota Continuing Legal Education seminar (2001) Silent Lease Issues, presented at Lorman Education Services seminar, Landlord and Tenant Law in Minnesota (November 2001)
- Basics of Mechanic’s Liens, presented to clients and prospective clients at various presentations in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area since 1995
- Author Note, "Minnesota’s Corporate Takeover Act – ‘Still’ Unconstitutional?" 8:1 Hamline Law Review 255 (1985)
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 25 attorneys named to the Best Lawyers® 2023 editionMore...
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 25 attorneys named to the Best Lawyers® 2022 EditionMore...
Understanding the Minnesota Mechanic's Lien Process - A Complimentary Breakfast Seminar Presented by Karl YeagerMore...