Kate C. BakerAssociate
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Leah Muthart
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 2017
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2017
- United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2017
Kate in an associate in our Professional Liability – Health Care practice group. She has devoted her practice to the defense of medical malpractice claims brought against physicians, nurses and other medical professionals.
Kate earned her B.A. degree, magna cum laude, from the College of St. Benedict and achieved Phi Beta Kappa National Academic Honor Society and she was the recipient of the President’s Scholarship.
In 2016, Kate earned her J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law, where she served on the William Mitchell Law Review. During law school, Kate received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the highest grades in Civil Procedure, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Tribal Code Drafting Clinic, and Business Organizations. She is a fellow of the Marshall Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project and she participated in the Rosalie Wahl Moot Court Competition and the NALSA Moot Court Competition. She also volunteered her time as a coach with the High School National Moot Court Competition.
Before joining us in 2017, Kate served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Denise Reilly of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2016
- College of St. Benedict, B.A., magna cum laude, 2013
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Denise Reilly of the Minnesota Court of Appeals
- Externship for U.S. Magistrate Judge Becky R. Thorson
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Partner Leadership Council (2017-2019)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, 2022-2023
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Rising Stars list in the area of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense, Thomson Reuters, (Only 2.5 percent of the Minnesota attorneys are given this honor), 2022
- Presenter, Effective Motion Practice in Medical Malpractice Cases, The Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA) 2020 Mid-Winter Conference (January 26, 2020)
- Author, What's Required for a Physician-Patient Relationship?, Inside Medical Liability, published by the Professional Medical Liability Association (October 2019)
- Co-author, The Ins and Outs of the Tripartite Relationship, presented at the Twins Cities Claims Association Meeting (November 13, 2018)
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 25 attorneys named to the Best Lawyers® 2023 editionMore...
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 23 attorneys named to the 2022 Minnesota Super Lawyers® listMore...
Webinar: Grievances and Complaints: Ensuring Hospital Compliance hosted by North Dakota Hospital AssociationMore...