Erin D. DoranPartner
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Joy Peters
- Minnesota, New York, Wisconsin
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 2007
- New York, 2006
- Wisconsin, 2016
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2009
Erin focuses her practice in the areas of insurance coverage, professional malpractice and construction litigation. In her insurance coverage practice, she represents insurers at all stages of the claims process from the initial coverage analysis to litigation. In her professional malpractice and construction practice, she represents attorneys, products manufacturers and construction industry trades and professionals. Erin defends lawyers and other professionals against malpractice claims.
Erin joined Meagher + Geer in 2008. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Mel I. Dickstein, Minnesota Fourth Judicial District in Minneapolis.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., Dean's List, 2005
- Northwestern University, B.A., with honors, 2002
- Honorable Mel I. Dickstein, Hennepin County District Court, Fourth Judicial District
- Bethel v. Darwin Select Ins. Co., __ F.3d__, 2013 WL 6050750 (8th Cir. November 18, 2013) (holding no coverage for the underlying lawsuit because improper use of customer funds exclusion applied to claims that insureds had negligently failed to record mortgages as a party of scheme to pilfer the recording fees)
- Green v. Gassman, No. 12-cv-1706 (8th Cir. October 23, 2012) (holding prosecutors has absolute immunity from claims that they maliciously prosecuted the plaintiff)
- Thomas Engineering Co., Inc., No. 10-CV-902 (D. Minn. December 2, 2010) (holding no coverage for underlying lawsuit because insured versus insured exclusion barred coverage for the derivative claims)
- American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- Co-chair, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Environmental Subcommittee
- Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Property Subcommittee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Rising Stars list, Thomson Reuters, (Only 2.5 percent of the Minnesota attorneys are given this honor), 2015-2019
- Co-author, "Emerging Trends in D&O Coverage", Insurance Coverage Litigation, a ABA publication (August 2013)
- Co-author, "Can They Really Take It Apart Without Me?", For the Defense, a DRI publication (November 2011)
- Co-author, "Stacking the Dec: Declaratory Judgment Considerations" (2009)
- Panelist, Clerks: Do's and Don'ts for New Lawyers, Minneapolis (February 2008)
Meagher + Geer attorney Erin Doran elected to the partnershipMore...
Meagher & Geer congratulates its 22 attorneys named to the 2019 Minnesota Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars listsMore...