Besse H. McDonaldAssociate
33 S. Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Assistant: Carla Stevenson
- Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado, North Dakota, Wyoming
State Bar Admissions
- Minnesota, 2016
- Arizona, 2018
- Colorado, 2016
- North Dakota, 2018
- Wyoming, 2016
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2017
- United States District Court, District of Colorado, 2016
- United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2019
Besse McDonald is an attorney in our professional liability – health care practice group. Besse’s experience includes defending clients in all phases of litigation including preparation of initial pleadings, fact investigation, discovery, drafting dispositive and pretrial motions, and trial preparation. Before joining the firm, Besse was an associate at Holland & Hart LLP in Denver.
She is a 2015 graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she was the Senior Articles Editor for the Denver University Law Review. She also completed a year-long clinic representing clients seeking civil protection orders and eviction proceedings. As part of this clinic, Besse received the Outstanding Student Lawyer Award for the Civil Litigation Clinic. Prior to going to law school, Besse worked in advertising for six years.
Outside of the office, Besse enjoys running, reading, and spending time with her family.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Colorado School of Journalism and Mass Communication, B.S., 2006
- Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society, Board Member, Secretary
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Court member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Moderator, Meet the New Appellate Judiciary (2021), Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society CLE presentation (April 28, 2021)
- Co-author, Redefining hospital malpractice: Expanded liability for independent contractors, Minnesota Physician (September 2020)
- Selected for inclusion in the Minnesota Rising Stars list in the area of Appellate, Thomson Reuters, (Only 2.5 percent of the Minnesota attorneys are given this honor), 2022
Meagher + Geer litigators achieve trifecta of defense verdictsMore...
Tracy Kolb and Besse McDonald obtain defense verdict in medical malpractice caseMore...
Meagher + Geer congratulates its 23 attorneys named to the 2022 Minnesota Super Lawyers® listMore...