Date : Aug 11, 2014
The Meagher & Geer law firm is pleased to announce that its partner Stacy Broman has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC), an invitation-only organization comprised of defense attorneys, corporate counsel, and insurance industry executives who have achieved professional distinction during their careers. Founded in 1936, the FDCC is dedicated to promoting knowledge, justice and fellowship in its members. Current membership is approximately 1400 from the United States.
Ms. Broman, a member of Meagher & Geer’s management committee, focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation defending insurers in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. She also represents professionals in professional liability litigation. She has been named to the Super Lawyers® list (Minnesota) and is listed in The Best Service Professionals in the United States and in The Best Lawyers in America. She was named a Minnesota Insurance Lawyer of the Year, 2013. Ms. Broman was elected to the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel in 2013. She is a frequent lecturer and author on issues affecting the insurance industry. She volunteers her time with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services as a member of The Campaign for Legal Aid.
At the FDCC Annual Meeting, Victoria H. Roberts was elected president. She is the Vice President and Litigation Counsel to Meadowbrook Insurance Group (Scottsdale, AZ).
Also elected as FDCC officers at the Annual Meeting were President-Elect Steven E. Farrar of Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP (Greenville, SC) and Secretary-Treasurer H. Mills Gallivan of Gallivan White & Boyd PA (Greenville, SC). Timothy A. Pratt, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Boston Scientific, moved into the Board Chair position after completing an exceptional year as President of the FDCC.
Also elected at the meeting to the Board of Directors were:
- Bruce D. Celebrezze of Sedgwick LLP (San Francisco, CA)
- Walter W. Dukes of Dukes, Dukes, Keating, Faneca P.A. (Gulfport, MS)
- J. Scott Kreamer of Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice LLC (Kansas City, MO)
- Elizabeth F. Lorell of Gordon & Rees LLP (Florham Park, NJ)
- Howard A. Merten of Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP (Providence, RI)
- Donald L. Myles, Jr. of Jones Skelton & Hochuli, P.L.C. (Phoenix, AZ)
- W. Michael Scott, VP & General Counsel of CrownQuest Operating, LLC (Midland, TX)
- Debra Tedeschi Varner of McNeer Highland McMunn & Varner, L.C. (Clarksburg, WV)
- Robert L. Christie of Christie Law Group PLLC (Seattle, WA)
- Edward J. Currie, Jr. of Currie Johnson Griffin & Myers, P.A. (Jackson, MS)
- Andrew B. Downs of Bullivant Houser Bailey PC (San Francisco, CA)
- Michael T. Glascott of Goldberg Segalla (Buffalo, NY)
- Clark R. Hudson of Neil, Dymott, Frank, McFall & Trexler APLC (San Diego, CA)
- Leslie C. Packer of Ellis & Winters LLP (Raleigh, NC)
- Brett J. Preston of Hill Ward Henderson (Tampa, FL)
- Todd A. Roberts of Ropers Majeski Kohn Bentley (Redwood City, CA)
To see a photo of the new Board, click here.
Established in Minneapolis in 1929, Meagher & Geer has earned a reputation as one of the leading litigation defense and insurance coverage firms in the Upper Midwest. We offer 80 lawyers in 20 practice areas. From our offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Phoenix, Arizona we represent businesses of all sizes, public entities, non-profit organizations, and individuals.
Our nationally recognized trial lawyers have taken more than 105 cases to verdict since 2007. During the same period, our appellate lawyers have handled more than 120 appeals in state and federal courts. At last count we represented more than 125 of the leading insurance companies in the U.S., and we also handle work for insurers based in London, Canada and Bermuda.
Our attorneys are licensed in many states, including Arizona, California, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.