Meagher & Geer’s Construction Law group represents design professionals, product manufacturers, owners, contractors, subcontractors, insurers and sureties in major construction disputes. Our litigation experience in more than 20 states includes:
- Architect/Engineer Liability Defense
- Products Liability
- Construction Defects
- Delay/Disruption Claims
- Defense of Sureties and Pursuit of Subrogation Interests
- Architectural Design Copyright Defense
- Bid Protests and Contract Disputes
- Catastrophic Loss Investigation and Defense
- Mission Critical Data Center Litigation
Representative Matters Involving Construction and Design Professionals:
- Defense of catastrophic construction site personal injury claims
- Soils correction cases involving commercial projects
- Delay claims involving commercial projects ranging from condominiums to a sports stadium
- Air quality/HVAC cases involving schools and commercial buildings
- Structural failure cases involving commercial buildings and soil retention systems
- Water infiltration claims involving commercial and residential projects
- Fire and explosion cases arising out of construction projects
- Mission Critical Data Center litigation
Our attorneys bring construction experience to litigation assignments, to provide comprehensive and cost-effective legal representation. We understand industry-specific fundamentals, reports and analysis enabling us to limit the use of assistance from outside experts.
Meagher & Geer is approved panel counsel for many major insurance companies. Taking a proactive and creative approach to solving legal problems reduces our client’s legal expenses. We often bring parties together to resolve claims through early mediation before they evolve into expensive and time-consuming legal battles.
If you would like more information about this practice, please contact Mark Bloomquist. Mark is the past chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section. In Arizona, please contact Kurt Zitzer.