Amy focuses her practice on representing insurers in complex commercial property and liability insurance coverage and coverage disputes – with a special emphasis on commercial, environmental and toxic tort matters. She is recognized as a Rising Star in insurance coverage by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine.
I enjoy all aspects of assisting clients with their issues in complex insurance coverage cases – from analyzing coverage under the policies in the early stages of a claim to litigating coverage disputes across the nation – from trial through appeal.
Amy’s cases involve disputes over coverage for environmental damages claims; disputes brought under commercial first-party property claims; disputes regarding coverage for construction defect claims; and disputes regarding coverage for advertising and personal injury type claims. She also defends insurers against allegations of bad faith.
Amy was also a prosecutor in the Consumer Fraud division of the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office. She is admitted to practice in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Outside the office, Amy enjoys running, swimming, reading and cooking.
- Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P., Associate 2003-2006, Partner 2006-Present
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Minnesota Consumer Fraud Division, 2000-2003
- Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P., Associate 1997-2000
- Managing Editor, Coverage, ABA Section of Litigation Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee (ICLC)
- Co-Chair Employment Subcommittee of the ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- Recognized as a Rising Star, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2008, 2009
- Awarded the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, AV® Preeminent ™ (AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies)
Speaking Engagements & Published Articles
- Contributing author, "Insurance 101-Insights for Young Lawyers: When, What and Why?: Notifying Insurer of a "Claim" or a Potential Claim under an EPLI Policy" Coverage (Newsletter of American Bar Association Committee on Insurance Coverage Litigation), Vol. 21, No. 3 (May/June 2011)
- Lecturer, ABA Section of Litigation's Insurance Coverage Committee, AI Coverage: Additional, but No Less Important (March 2011)
- Lecturer, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association 2010 Insurance Law Institute, Additional Insured and Insured Contract Issues (October 2010)
- Lecturer, PLRB/LLRB 2010 Claims Conference, Additional Insureds and Insured Contracts (March 2010)
- Lecturer, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association Insurance Law Committee and Construction Law Committee presentation discussing insurance coverage matters concerning additional insureds and insured contracts (January 2010)
- Contributing author, "Oops, I Want That Back: Clawing Back Privileged Documents" Mealey's Litigation Report: Insurance, Vol. 23, No. 19 (March 19, 2009)
- Lecturer, ABA Section of Litigation's Insurance Coverage Committee, Oops, I Want That Back: Clawing Back Privileged Documents (March 2009)
- Lecturer, ABA Section of Litigation's Insurance Coverage Committee, Coverage Issues for Claims Arising out of Federal Consumer Protection Laws (February 2008)
- Lecturer, ABA Section of Litigation's Insurance Coverage Committee, The States Still Want Their Money: Direct Actions by States Against Insurers (February 2006)
- Lecturer, Minnesota Attorney General's Office CLE, An Overview of the Minnesota Consumer Fraud Law and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (April 2003)
State Bar Admissions
Federal Court Admissions
United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1997
United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2005